- At least 50% of the musical act must reside in the Logan Local Government Area identified by postcode.
- Musical acts are eligible to apply once only, however individual artists may also apply.
- Applicants must register online and fully and legibly complete all sections of the online entry form.
- Council employees and elected officials are not eligible to submit an application.
- If selected, the act will have public liability insurance and provide a copy of the Certificate of Currency to Logan City Council.
How to enter
- Applicants must complete the application form online and provide:
- a web link, mp4 or mp3 file of a performance by the act
- one image of the musical act for publicity (high resolution, JPG format)
- Applicants must be able to produce, upon request, written, signed and dated evidence of permission from any people appearing in the image submitted.
- Entries must be a maximum file size of 50MB.
- Only digital files will be accepted as part of the registration process. Printed material, CDs, DVDs and/or vinyl will not be accepted.
- Applications close at 9am on Wednesday 13 October, 2021. Late entries will not be accepted.
- By submitting an application to Logan Live Satellite Events, the Applicant agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions outlined in this document.
All shortlisted participants will be offered the opportunity to undertake professional development activities organised by Council.
Council reserves the right to refuse any submission deemed unsuitable for public viewing. This includes material that contains swearing, nudity, racist, sexist or political comment, political satire or political criticism or may otherwise be potentially embarrassing to the host venue or Council.
Copyright, moral rights and privacy consent
- The Applicant warrants that they are the owner(s) of all copyright of all promotional materials provided (including but not limited to image, video and/or song) (“Materials”) or have obtained all necessary approvals to permit the submission of these Materials to Council.
- The Applicant, as the owner(s) of these Materials, grant Council the right to:
- maintain a copy of all submitted Materials for archival purposes;
- display Materials in public spaces for the duration of Logan Live Satellite Events;
- publish on Council’s website and social media platforms; and
- use the Materials for promotional and publicity purposes relating to Logan Live Satellite Events.
- By entering Logan Live Satellite Events, the Applicant grants permission to Council and/or their agents or contractors to make such use as they may choose in their sole discretion of any Materials digital or otherwise recorded in any format, including the images of any child or individual appearing in the Materials for whom the Applicant has substituted decision making responsibility. Council may reproduce the Materials in any form for any purpose, in the future, in whole or in part. Distribution of the Materials may be by any medium including the terrestrial broadcast internet, printed media, and other multimedia. This consent is perpetual, non-exclusive transferable and royalty free. Note: The artist retains copyright for all original material.
- Council will acknowledge the musical act’s name in all publicity of Logan Live Satellite Events as the creator and owner of the Materials.
- While Council will take care to ensure the quality and integrity of the reproduced Materials, the Applicant acknowledges that enlargements and slight variations may result from adapting the original to required formats.
- Council reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time and to cancel or amend the program at any time without notice or further recourse to the Applicants.
- Logan Live Satellite Events is being presented and promoted by Logan City Council ABN 21 627 796 435 acting through Libraries and Creative Industries Branch whose principal offices are at 150 Wembley Road, Logan Central.